This service is for individuals contacting us with a loved one who is locked up in jail or prison needing help navigating the system. Typically, this will be a detainee’s family member, significant other or spouse who’s trying to find out what to do to help their loved one make it through a tough time. Often we are asked questions like:
- What are the consequences of a loved one’s criminality?
- How to go about retaining an effective attorney to defend against a criminal charge or win an appeal? (Attorney Referral)
- How to combat bad or unsafe jail or prison conditions?
- What are visitation rules and regulations at a particular facility or how to restore visitations privileges for an inmate, family member or significant other?
- Questions surrounding self-defense. How does an inmate protect themselves against prisoner abuse?
- How to secure a Bondsman on a surety bond or how to get a Cash Only bond reduced?
- What to do to combat jail or prison staff discrimination or abuse?
- How to file a charge of Discrimination or Harassment with the MCHR (Missouri Commission on Human Rights) against prison staff?
- How to defend against jail or prison staff Sexual Harassment?
- What is the Inmate Grievance procedures?
- How to prevent a loved one’s appeals from being procedurally barred?
- What are Alternative Sentencing Programs available to a loved one to avoid jail or prison confinement?
- Issues involving the Board of Probation & Parole?
- Help to understand the Inmate Disciplinary Procedure and how certain rules should or should not apply in a situation?
- How the Federal Sentencing Guidelines will apply to a loved one’s federal offenses to determine their likely sentence?
- If one has a viable civil claim against a jail or prison for negligence, failure to protect, etc.?
- How to help loved ones file pro se writs or motions with the court?
$80.00/Hr (2Hr min)