This service is for individual who is confined in Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) institution seeking a “lateral transfer” due to a significant “Hardship” a parent, child, guardian, wife, etc. is experiencing visiting or due to “Safety & Security” reasons. Listed below are examples of instances it may be advisable to retain us to advocate for your transfer:
- The individual is in “fear” for his life and/or a “safety and security” issue exist for the institution the prisoner is detained in if the MDOC does not do the right thing and transfer the prisoner to another institution.
- The individual has “failing health” and needs to be closer to family or to the hospital that can provide them the proper medical treatment, etc.
- The prisoner is confined in an institution within the state that is hours away from his “immediate family” and as a result, the prisoner is unable to receive visits.
- The individual is being harassed by a staff person at the jail/prison he is confined in and believes that the only ways to end the harassment is to be transferred to another jail/prison.
- The prisoner is confined in Administrative Segregation (e.g., the hole) at a particular institution and has been in the hole for a “lengthy” period of time and cannot seem to make it out of the hole at that particular prison. We can request a transfer on this prisoner’s behalf for a plethora of reasons.
We can not make you or your family any guarantees that we can affect a transfer as we are not in any way connected with the MDOC to compel them to move any particular prisoner, however, we believe if an individual has a “legitimate” reason for a transfer, through our tenacious advocacy, we may be able to get you or your loved one moved.
$150 Flat fee & Free Consultations