This service is for prisoners confined in the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) seeking a lateral transfer due to a “significant hardship” a parent, child, guardian, wife, etc. are experiencing visiting the inmate or due to “safety & security” concerns.
Listed below are some of the reasons you might want us to request a transfer for you or your loved one:
- You or your loved one is in fear for his or her life and a “safety and security” issue exist for the institution the prisoner is confined in. If the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) fails to act after being warned of the issue, your loved one or other offenders may be hurt or in danger. In these instances, a transfer is usually the best solution for everyone involved, and we will seek to make this point to the administrators of the MDOC for you.
- The prisoner is in failing health and needs to be closer to family or to the hospital that is providing care for him or her.
- The prisoner is confined in an institution within the state that is hours away from his “immediate family” and as a result, the prisoner is unable to receive visitation which the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) agrees is an essential feature of the rehabilitative process.
- The inmate is being harassed by a staff member at the jail or prison he is detained in and believes the only way to end the harassment is to transfer the prisoner to another jail or correctional facility.
- The prisoner is confined in Administrative Segregation (Adseg) and has been in the hole for a lengthy period of time, and cannot seem to make it out of the hole at that facility. We can request a transfer on for this inmate on the basis that a change of environment may be in the best entrance of the prisoners’ institutional adjustment.
We can not make you or your loved one any promises that we will affect a transfer under any of the grounds mentioned above as we are not in any way connected with the Missouri Department of Corrections (MDOC) to compel them to transfer a prisoner. However, if a prisoner has a legitimate concern warranting a transfer, through our tenacious advocacy we may be able to help get you or your loved one transferred to another facility.
$80/Hr (2 Hr min.)